Mar 19th, 2021
In this episode, Dr Jen Sherman is joined by Bex Band. Bex is an adventurer, public speaker and writer. She is passionate about adventure, widening access to the outdoors and conservation. She is the founder of ‘Love Her Wild’ a global female adventure community with over 25,000 members. Bex has been recognised as one of the UK’s top 30 inspirational entrepreneurs. For her work advocating women in adventure, she has been shortlisted for a National Diversity Award and in 2018 was given ‘Legacy Maker’ status on the San Miguel Alternative Rich List.
In this episode Jen and Bex discuss the following:
- The adventure that kickstarted her journey to becoming an adventurer and entrepreneur
- How Bex has made a living doing what she loves
- How adventure helped restore her confidence and self-belief
- Love Her Wild
- What inspired her to set up
- What the community aims to do
- How she has grown it to have >25,000 members
- The power of minimalism
- How her engagement with nature has led to a deep passion for conservation
- Her love of writing and how that led to landing a book deal
- Advice for anyone looking to get outdoors, bring more adventure into their daily life, or start an adventure side shuffle
If you are interested in following Bex’s blog, ‘The Ordinary Adventurer’ it can be found here https://www.theordinaryadventurer.com/
If you are interested in ‘Love Her Wild’ more information can be found on https://www.loveherwild.com/
Bex can be contacted via:
Bex Band (www.bexband.com) is an author and speaker advocating the outdoors, adventure and conservation. She’s founder of the UK’s largest women’s adventure community, Love Her Wild (www.loveherwild.com). Her previous adventures included hiking 1000km across Israel, kick-scooting the length of the USA and crossing the Jordan desert.
Bex has been recognised by Business Leader as UK’s top 30 inspirational entrepreneurs and was awarded the Next Generation Award by Enterprise Nation. For her work advocating women in adventure she has been shortlisted for a National Diversity Award and in 2018 was given ‘Legacy Maker’ status on the San Miguel Alternative Rich List.