Don’t wait. Start right now.” – Sean Conway
Sean was born in Zimbabwe, grew up in South Africa, but has English and Irish families. Sean believes that to stop yourself from failing; you need to prepare for it. For him, the adage “if you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail” holds true.
WEM interviews Sean Conway the first man to cycle, run and swim the length of GB (Lands End to John O'Groats)
What you'll learn in this episode:
Sean's story - aged 30 he was a photographer in London and deeply dissatisfied with his life. How we completely reinvented his life to follow his dream and become a professional endurance athlete.
- How his round the world cycle world record attempt ended in disaster, but he still managed to carry on...
- Why beards are the best defence against jellyfish
- Does posting to Social Media get in the way of the adventure?
- The UK's hidden network of green dotted lines.
- His reflections on adventure and fatherhood.
- Seans' black book' of things he wants to do next.
Sean Conway | Adventurer Extraordinaire | Adventure is a State of Mind